...to Sarah, my friend in transit, this blog is for you...

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Going Green

Look at all this broccoli....

mmmm...broccoli...
It's so healthy and full of vitamins, and I truly enjoy the taste of broccoli!

my kids do not

But this week, I got them to eat all that broccoli! How? 

I made green pasta for dinner...

I cooked the broccoli and added garlic, wilted spinach, & alfredo sauce  
Then I introduced my new best friend in the kitchen: 
the immersion blender!
Before
&
After
 I blended until it arrived at this beautiful green puree. You would never guess that there's a whole head of broccoli and 10 oz. of spinach in there.

I added chicken & whole wheat pasta

 ...to create this delicious, nutritious,  green pasta. 
This meal will definitely be on my menu again! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I am SO remembering this recipe for my household. I would never have thought to do that!!! Good job! You inspired me =)

    - Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW your pictures are awesome! Especially the end result =)

    ReplyDelete